In today’s market do buyers see value and have belief in “blue-chip” suburbs?
Apart from position, location and position (yes I know I’ve repeated myself but it is important when buying), buyers have held great value in those suburbs that are considered bullet proof in any market. The premium suburbs or traditionally any suburb with a mean house price above $1m.
Since the 2008 GFC and the completion of major Brisbane transport infrastructure, we have seen a buyer shift away from the established blue chip suburbs of Ascot, Hamilton and Clayfield. What we have seen, is buyers are now casting their searches within a radius band of the CBD. Typically 4 km, 5 km, 8 km and 10 km plus radius search.
It’s now very common to meet buyers looking at homes in Ascot whom end up buying in Windsor or Hawthorne or Ashgrove. Values of homes in the radius band also reflect this trend with similar prices achieved across all suburbs within the band. To explain further, here are some recent sales in various suburbs within an 8 km of the CBD (on the north side)
- 110 Yabba Street – $1,420,000
- 94 Towers Street – $1,575,000
- 27 Atkinson Street – $1,560,000
- 112 Crescent Road – $1,550,000
- 44 Bellevue Terrace – $1,450,000
- 15 Norman Parade – $1,550,000
- 23A Newmarket Street – $1,500,000
- 117 Zillman Road – $1,430,000
- Gordon Park
- 22 Victoria Terrace – $1,600,000
- 21 Glebe Street – $1,535,000
- 11 Bruce Street – $1,520,000
- 56 Daisy Street – $1,510,000
- Wavell Heights
- 61 Highlands Street – $1,435,000
- 22 Rilatt Street – $1,418,000
Buyers are becoming less suburb specific. They are focused on the features of the home, the walkability to major amenities, the neighbour feel or “vibe” of the area and the perception of value for money.
Our Property Market 2020 has been released. If you’d like to receive a copy – please email or call and we will forward to you our analysis of our property market as compared to last year and 5 years ago.
If you are looking to buy or sell, we would love to partner with you to achieve a premium price when selling or your dream home when buying. Our door is always open – You are our focus.
0438 767 439
2/42 Hows Road, Nundah
- 3 bedrooms,1 bathroom, 1 car
- Ground floor rear unit in small complex